Town of Howard | Chippewa County
The Town of Howard was created in the spring of 1909 by act of the State Legislature. Anton Solberg was elected as the first Town Chairman on April 6, 1909. The first supervisors were Hans Olson and Joe Hartman.
The Town of Howard has a recycling center that can be used.
The Town Fire Department was established in 1988 as a part of Chippewa Fire District. Station 6 fire station was built in the summer of 1989.